Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lee-Scott Academy


We played at Lee-Scott Academy on March 23 and it was awesome. We had the honor of being asked by Principal Bobby Samford to come and play for the junior and senior high students during one of their assemblies. We had about 40 minutes to play for a student body that had never had a praise band of this size come to their school, so needless to say at the beginning we got a lot of blank stares. Eron is the main praise leader and he always does a good job of getting the students to feel comfortable enough to clap and even raise their hands. We played through our first couple of songs, Blessed Be Your Name and Open the Eyes of My Heart. The students seemed to be enjoying it, but it wasn't until our next song, I Will Rise, that they really seemed to respond. I had the students sit at the beginning of the song and I explained a little bit about what the song meant. I closed my eyes and we began to sing together. By the time we got to the bridge, almost to the end, every single student was standing. They had risen to their feet on their own, by their own decision. When I opened my eyes and saw that they were all standing. I fought tears big time. I know that some of them did it just because other people were, but hey, if they were driven to stand in the presence of God because of someone else standing first, then Hallelujah!! We finished with Revelation Song and at the very end, we sang through the chorus with just the voices of the student body. Their voices filled the gym. It gives me chills just to think about it. Hearing just voices without instruments is so powerful. I know FaceFirst was deeply blessed by the opportunity to play for Lee-Scott. I hope they were blessed by being apart of an amazing worship service!







3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. That stage looks a lot bigger on film than it did in real life, LOL. I think we all were a little afraid we were gonna fall off!

    Highlight of the day: when some underclassmen on the back row stood up to worship, then a couple girls on the front row, then everyone else everyone joined in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were SO blessed with the opportunity to lead a group of young people in worship!! The most precious part was hearing their voices when the band stopped playing. And I'm giving major props to Mrs. Heather Roberts for some incredibly AWESOME and professional photos!! I can't wait until the next time we get to worship :-))

    ReplyDelete